CreativewriterAI, Inc. (“creativewriter.ai,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) provides an AI-powered tool to assist our customers in writing copy. This Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand how we collect, use, and share your personal information and to help you understand and exercise your privacy rights.
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information processed by us on our website, our services offered via the website, and our related online and offline offerings. To make this Privacy Notice easier to read, our websites, our services offered via the website, and our related offerings are collectively called “Services.”
2. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We may revise this Privacy Notice from time to time at our sole discretion. If there are any material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you and require you to accept them before you may continue to use the Services.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with us, our Services, and the requirements of applicable law. We collect information that you provide to us, the information we obtain automatically when you use our Services, and information from other sources such as third-party services and organizations, as described below.
A. Information You Provide to Us Directly
We may collect the following personal information that you provide to us.
• Account Creation. We may collect information when you create an account, such as name and email address.
• Purchases. We may collect personal information and details associated with your purchases, including payment information. In some cases, you may need to provide us with additional information to verify your identity before completing a transaction. Any payments made via our Services are processed by third-party payment processors. We do not directly collect or store any payment card information entered through our Services, but we may receive information associated with your payment card information (e.g., your billing details).
• Your Communications with Us. We may collect personal information, such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our Services, register for our newsletter or marketing, request customer or technical support, apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us.
• Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
• Interactive Features. We and others who use our Services may collect personal information that you submit or make available through our interactive features (e.g., collaboration tools, messaging and chat features, commenting functionalities, forums, blogs, and social media pages). Any information you provide on the public sections of these features will be considered “public,” unless otherwise required by applicable law, and is not subject to the privacy protections referenced herein.
• Sweepstakes or Contests. We may collect the personal information you provide for any sweepstakes or contests that we offer. In some jurisdictions, we must publicly share information about sweepstakes and contest winners.
• Conferences, Trade Shows, and Other Events. We may collect personal information from individuals when we attend conferences, trade shows, and other events.
• Business Development and Strategic Partnerships. We may collect personal information from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities.
• Job Applications. We may post job openings and opportunities on our Services. If you reply to one of these postings by submitting your application, CV, and/or cover letter to us, we will collect and use your information to assess your qualifications.
B. Information Collected Automatically
We may collect personal information automatically when you use our Services:
• Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising, and other unique identifiers, browser or device information, location information (including approximate location derived from IP address), and Internet service provider. We may also automatically collect information regarding your use of our Services, such as pages that you visit before, during, and after using our Services, information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use our Services. In addition, we may collect information that other people provide about you when they use our Services, including information about you when they tag you.
• Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in device browsers that store preferences and facilitate and enhance your experience.
• Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in our Services that collects information about engagement on our Services. The use of a pixel tag allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include web beacons in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
Our uses of these Technologies fall into the following general categories:
• Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Services, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular website behavior, prevent fraudulent activity, and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality;
• Performance-Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how individuals use our Services (see Analytics below);
• Functionality-Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Services or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
• Advertising- or Targeting-Related. We may use first party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on third-party websites.
See Section 6 below to understand your choices regarding these Technologies.
• Analytics. We may use Technologies and other third-party tools to process analytics information on our Services. Some of our analytics partners include Google Analytics. For more information, please visit Google Analytics Privacy Notice. To learn more about how to opt out of Google Analytics’ use of your information on our website, please click here.
• Social Media Platforms. Our Services may contain social media buttons (that might include widgets such as the “share this” button or other interactive mini-programs). These features may collect your IP address, and which page you are visiting on our Services, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Your interactions with these platforms are governed by the Privacy Notice of the company providing it.
C. Information Collected from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made available via your privacy settings.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information for various business purposes, including to provide our Services, for administrative purposes, and to market our products and Services, as described below.
A. Provide Our Services
We use your information to fulfill our contract with you and provide you with our Services, such as:
• Managing your information and accounts;
• Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services;
• Answering requests for customer or technical support;
• Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services, and policy changes;
• Processing your financial information and other payment methods for products or Services purchased;
• Processing applications if you apply for a job, we post on our Services; and
• Allowing you to register for events.
B. Administrative Purposes
We use your information for various administrative purposes, such as:
• Pursuing our legitimate interests such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention;
• Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
• Measuring interest and engagement in our Services;
• Short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads;
• Improving, upgrading, or enhancing our Services;
• Developing new products and Services;
• Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
• Authenticating and verifying individual identities;
• Debugging to identify and repair errors with our Services;
• Auditing relating to interactions, transactions, and other compliance activities;
• Enforcing our agreements and policies; and
• Complying with our legal obligations.
C. Marketing and Advertising our Products and Services
We may use personal information to tailor and provide you with content and advertisements. We may provide you with these materials as permitted by applicable law.
Some of the ways we may market to you include email campaigns, custom audiences advertising, and “interest-based” or “personalized advertising,” including through cross-device tracking.
If you have any questions about our marketing practices or if you would like to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes, you may contact us at any time as set forth below.
D. Other Purposes
We also use your information for other purposes as requested by you or as permitted by applicable law.
• Consent. We may use personal information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent.
• De-identified and Aggregated Information. We may use personal information and other information about you to create de-identified and/or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the device from which you access our Services or other analyses we create.
• Share Content with Friends or Colleagues. Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities. For example, we may allow you to provide information about your friends or colleagues through our referral services. Our referral services may allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services.